Monday, January 4, 2010

And A New Year Begins...

I can't believe it's 2010! Penelope's first Christmas was AMAZING to say the least. We spent time in Houston and Penelope got to visit with Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Stu and Aunt Autumn. There were several memorable firsts made while we were there. Such as Penelope's first taste of a blueberry sucker that Grandma gave her which made her tongue blue. Her very own first beebee gun which may I add is PINK (Grandpa did good!). And her first taste of a pickle which she will undoubtedly be having more of.
She loved playing the piano with Grandpa and who knows, may end up like her Great Grandma and have a knack for playing it by ear.
The day before Christmas Eve we returned home to prepare for Christmas Eve festivities at Aunt Jackie's.
Penelope truly looked like an angel in her Christmas green dress with her darling red cardigan. And naturally she topped the outfit off with a stunning white bow. Penelope participated in the cousin gift exchange and received the most adorable longhorn tshirt tutu.
Brandon and I had fun in the Chinese gift exchange. Brandon put himself in charge of purchasing the gifts for the game and brought to the table a rice maker and a deep fryer. I knew even before we began playing that we'd be bringing home that deep fryer. Was I right? Or course.
I can't believe how quickly Christmas came and left. We're starting a whole new year with so many things to look forward to. Penelope's first word, her first birthday, crawling, walking, and so many more things that this year holds. I wish I could pocket every single minute so I could cherish them forever. God has blessed me more than words can even begin to describe...













0 comments: